Female entrepreneurs are expected to balance the responsibility of running the business with friends and family.
1. Female Entrepreneurs try to do everything at once
Attempting to do everything at once can be totally overwhelming. This is a major contributor to feeling overworked and burnt out, you may find yourself immersed in a dozen or so tasks at once . This is when it’s time to take action and take a step back so you can concentrate on what’s important. It’s best to focus on a few of the most important tasks that must be done. Here’s a few helpful hints to think about:-
- Make lists – focus on a few of the most important tasks that must be done and pick priorities.
- Avoid carrying out work that has been assigned to others, carrying out too many tasks at once often result in many things not being finished.
- Take time for you, even it’s it’s just 10 minutes to breathe and clear your mind.
2. Expect the unexpected and be flexible.
Expect to be thrown off course when managing any business project. Changes and adjustments are inevitable. Some changes are imposed on us by the limitations of the field in which we are acting. Others are imposed by the conditions and nature of the work you may be carrying out as events unfold. Some result from flaws in plans and strategies. Be prepared to have some “give” in what you are doing. When things get thrown off course, it’s easy to fall into the trap of feeling overwhelmed and overworked leading to burnout.
- Be Flexible – allow others to give opinions and bring new idea’s and strategies to the table
- Be Open Minded to Change – even small changes at the last minute can throw us off course, always be open. It’s up to you whether to accept the advice being given.
- Listen carefully – the needs of others are primary to keeping focus and on course with any project. Make sure you listen carefully and keep focused on the end goal but you may need to make small adjustments along the way.
3. Do you find it hard to let go?
It can be hard for female executives and entrepreneurs to let something go and hand over the responsibility to others. It may feel easier this way because of the thought that only YOU can do it right. You don’t need to step into the unknown and close your eyes. Focus on where and what you have influence over . Doing this will help to accept responsibility and take away blame and guilt.
- Communicate Effectively – If you give clear instructions they will be carried out the way you envisage.
- Measure Success – Always make sure there are measures in place so that the task can be reviewed
- Relax – you have assigned the task effectively, put your faith in others, measure upon completion.
Claire can help female executives and entrepreneurs to develop the attitude through a journey of continuous improvement and refinement.
What can you expect from coaching with Claire ?
- You will be asked series of strong, thought provoking, inspiring questions to set goals that and establish clear focused purposeful steps.
- You will be listened to in a totally quiet confidential space that is just for you.
- You can expect to clear that noisy headspace that currently nags away at you causing worry and procrastination.
- You can expect to overcome obstacles that are currently holding you back.
- You will find new strategies and ways of thinking empowering you to unlock your true potential.
- Discover your inner strength, empowering you to reach your goals & aspirations in a timely fashion.
Claire has 20 years of experience in building a highly successful business. She can help you with the structure of your time management.
Take Action Now!
Female executives and entrepreneurs who wish to avoid these three mistakes and develop refined and a continually improved working attitude – contact Clare now for a free 45-minute discovery session
Like my page on facebook
Follow me on twitter
Connect on Linkedin